Helviti, also known as her fallen Valkyrie title Nevar the Dark Valkyrie is the fallen Valkyrie and main antagonist of Little Witch Academia: Witches of Midgard. She is the rogue witch-blacksmith and Valkyrie who took the dark path after became disillusioned with Newt who denied her the right to become full-fledged Valkyrie. Intending to become greatest Valkyrie and witch-blacksmith in her own way, Helviti sought means to become stronger which led to her meddling with forbidden magic and turned to the dark side in process.
Personality & CharacterEdit
Helviti was once a genius witch-blacksmith and rival of Chariot du Nord. Both of them groomed to be new heir of Geirdriful Armor by Newt upon seeing their magic potential. While she wished to become new heir of the armor, she also obsessed to become stronger. Unfortunately, Newt, their mentor, realized that Helviti doesn't have the heart of protector and chose Chariot instead as well as stating that Helviti won't become a Valkyrie until she realized what she lacked. Disillusioned, she focused her embittered rage, ambition, and intelligence to become the greatest witch and Valkyrie in her own way, but able to kept her resentments hidden.
One day, Helviti, Newt, and Chariot stumbled upon a forbidden book about Helheimian magic which unintentionally left behind at the Great Library of Thapoli. Newt discouraged Helviti from studying the grimoire due to dangerous knowledge it possessed. Helviti however, in desperation for power, coupled with realization that she would never become Sky Valkyrie, decided to study the book behind everyone's back. Seduced by dark powers she can command with knowledge from Helheimian grimoire, Helviti's ambition to become greatest Valkyrie took a darker turn with her decided to attain her dream with magic from Helheim. Delving further into forbidden arts she newly mastered, Helviti discovered that she can also craft stronger, monstrous magic automaton which later become basis of Clockbeast and even a terrifying magic weapon that can force those who stabbed with it reliving their worst memories, Spear of Torment .
Helviti's secrets didn't last long however, as one day, Newt caught her meddling with forbidden magic. The White Valkyrie attempted to persuade her apprentice to abandon the dark path she had taken, but her warning fell into deaf ears. Their argument escalated into an intense battle with Helviti confessed that she came to see her loyalty to Thapoli as an obstacle in her quest of obtaining true strength, and attempted to kill her mentor, the one who she deemed to be first obstacle to true strength. Fortunately, Chariot interfered the fight at the last moments and revealed herself to be true heir of Geirdriful Armor, much to Helviti's fury. An intense battle between rivals ensued, which ends with Chariot emerged victorious. The new Sky Valkyrie and her mentor then demanded Helviti to surrender, only for the rogue Valkyrie-in-training to retreat with her research notes. During that commotion, her Spear of Torment was destroyed, but Helviti managed to salvage its spearhead and some parts of its shaft.
Realizing that she can no longer perform her experiment with Helheimian magic in Thapoli, Helviti fled the kingdom in order to continue it somewhere else. That was when Helviti met remnants of Naglfar led by Hel who intrigued by her intellect and proposed to her to join their cause. Still resentful towards Thapoli who she believed to be fools who wasted their power to protect others instead of subjugating the weak, Helviti whole heartily accepted their proposal. From there, she became Naglfar's both first witch blacksmith and an agent against magic community and humanity.
Eight years before events of Little Witch Academia: Witches of Midgard, Helviti once again confronted her former mentor when the latter and her fellow Alioth crew attacked Eitr refining facility to hinder Naglfar's attempts in creating more magical beasts of war. They made a brief exchange where Helviti made it clear that she had made her choice to help Naglfar dooming humanity. With that, an epic duel between former student and mentor ensued, destroying much part of the facility in process. In spite of her mastery with forbidden arts, Helvity quickly defeated, and to add insult of injury, when attempted to attack her former mentor once again, the platform where she stood on collapsed. This resulted her plummeting into a vat full of eitr and fatally exposed to the substance in process.
Barely alive, the Goddess of Death Hel spirited away Helviti's lifeless body and used her necromatic powers to return her to life as eitr-enhanced draugr whilst simultaneously having her mind intact. Horrified at first, Helviti realized that she now much stronger as an Eitr-Walker in spite of losing her ability to feel anything and had to spent her remaining life as an undead being. But through her loss at hands of her former mentor which lead to her reanimation into eitr-enhanced draugr, Helviti came to realization that she despised her former colleagues (particularly Newt and her rival Chariot) more than Thapoli, and thus she decided to craft her own Valkyrie Armor, Nevar Armor, as preparation to confront them once again, but the armor only truly completed once her apprentice Lara brought her incomplete schematics of Elemental Valkyrie Armors.
Skills & AbilitiesEdit
- Magic: As a witch, Helviti has impressive talent on par with her rival Chariot, but her power greatly bolstered through channeling magic from Helheim.
- Weapon-Wand Fusion Spell: Helviti can combine her wand with a weapon to upgrade the said weapon into better version of it. She uses this to activate her Valkyrie Blade's combat capabilities.
- Broom Flying Spell: Helviti has impressive skill in broom flight.
- Craftmanship Magic: Helviti is a genius when it comes to craftmanship magic, as she responsible for crafting Naglfar's weapons and even forged her own version of Valkyrie Armors as well as fixing Spear of Torment for Lara to use against her foes. She even skillful enough in crafting Valkyrie Armors and alchemy-based Solais Metal, as he able to upgrade Lara's Valkyrie Armor and even forged her own armor where latter's powers comparable to Chariot's.
- Heat Blast Spell: Helviti can project powerful magic bolts as basic offensive attack.
- Object Control Magic: Helviti can magically move objects without touching them with her wand as focus.
- Master Engineer: As expected from a witch-blacksmith, Helviti has amazing mechanical abilities, which she often used in creating clockbeasts and other weapons for Naglfar.
- Skilled Combatant: In her youth, Helviti had undergone extensive training in Thapolian Martial Arts, able to hold her own against multiple opponents at once. She can execute punches, kicks, grab, and armed combat.
- Whip Sword Proficiency: Helviti is very skillful in using whip sword form of her Valkyrie Blade, as she can deliver slashing whip attack or ensnaring opponent from considerable distance.
- Glaive Proficiency: Helviti possesses astoundishing skill in using glaive form of her Valkyrie Blade.
- Aim Dodging: In addition of martial arts, Helviti can swiftly evade attacks and projectiles on ease.
Tools & EquipmentEdit
- Magic Wand: As expected from a witch-blacksmith and Valkyrie, Helviti possesses a wand to channel her magic.
- Valkyrie Blade: Magical dagger made of Solais Metal. If combined with a wand, it can channel the user's magic as well as transform into weapons she desires such as:
- Whip Sword: A sword with segmented blade where each segments connected by red magic energy. It normally remained in the shape of regular long sword form until snapped by its user into a whip-like weapon that can restrain an opponent like a chain to hold him or her still, or strike someone like a traditional whip.
- Glaive: A futuristic-looking black and grey glaive resembing atgeir. It has blunt pommel, red meridian glow on the blade and pommel which more apparent when channeled with magic power from Helheim, and bright green glow on the blade's edge. This is Helviti's signature weapon form of her Valkyrie Blade.
- Nevar Armor: TBA