Helviti, also known as her fallen Valkyrie title Nevar the Dark Valkyrie is the fallen Valkyrie and one of main antagonists of Little Witch Academia: Witches of Midgard. She is a rogue witch-blacksmith and Valkyrie who took the dark path after became disillusioned with Newt who denied her the right to become full-fledged Valkyrie. Intending to become greatest Valkyrie and witch-blacksmith in her own way, Helviti sought means to become stronger which led to her meddling with forbidden magic and turned to the dark side in process.
Personality & CharacterEdit
Helviti was once a genius witch-blacksmith and rival of Chariot du Nord. Both of them groomed to be new heir of Geirdriful Armor by Newt upon seeing their magic potential. While she wished to become new heir of the armor, she also obsessed to become stronger. Unfortunately, Newt, their mentor, realized that Helviti doesn't have the heart of protector and chose Chariot instead as well as stating that Helviti won't become a Valkyrie until she realized what she lacked. Disillusioned, she focused her embittered rage, ambition, and intelligence to become the greatest witch and Valkyrie in her own way, but able to kept her resentments hidden. Around this time, she befriends with Croix Meridies and share same frustration over Chariot's lack of seriousness in taking her duty to unlock all Seven Words of Arcturus.
One day, Helviti, Newt, and Chariot stumbled upon a forbidden book about Helheimian magic which unintentionally left behind at the Great Library of Thapoli. Newt discouraged Helviti from studying the grimoire due to dangerous knowledge it possessed. Helviti however, in desperation for power, coupled with realization that she would never become Sky Valkyrie, decided to study the book behind everyone's back. Seduced by dark powers she can command with knowledge from Helheimian grimoire, Helviti's ambition to become greatest Valkyrie took a darker turn with her decided to attain her dream with magic from Helheim. Delving further into forbidden arts she newly mastered, Helviti discovered that she can also create stronger, monstrous automatons which later become basis of Clockbeast based on Support Bots and even a terrifying magic weapon that can force those who stabbed with it reliving their worst memories, Spear of Torment .
Helviti's secrets didn't last long however, as one day, Newt caught her meddling with forbidden magic. The White Valkyrie attempted to persuade her apprentice to abandon the dark path she had taken, but her warning fell into deaf ears. Their argument escalated into an intense battle with Helviti confessed that she came to see her loyalty to Thapoli as an obstacle in her quest of obtaining true strength, and attempted to kill her mentor, the one who she deemed to be first obstacle to true strength. Fortunately, Chariot interfered the fight at the last moments and revealed herself to be true heir of Geirdriful Armor, much to Helviti's fury. An intense battle between rivals ensued, which ends with Chariot emerged victorious. The new Sky Valkyrie and her mentor then demanded Helviti to surrender, only for the rogue Valkyrie-in-training to retreat with her research notes. During that commotion, her Spear of Torment was destroyed, but Helviti managed to salvage its spearhead and some parts of its shaft.
Realizing that she can no longer perform her experiment with Helheimian magic in Thapoli, Helviti fled the kingdom in order to continue it somewhere else. That was when Helviti met remnants of Naglfar led by Hel who intrigued by her intellect and proposed to her to join their cause. Still resentful towards Thapoli who she believed to be fools who wasted their power to protect others instead of subjugating the weak, Helviti whole heartily accepted their proposal. From there, she became Naglfar's both first witch blacksmith and an agent against magic community and humanity. Hel also introduced her the veteran Naglfar sorcerer and oldest follower Elder Erik, with whom Helviti had uneasy alliance with.
Skills & AbilitiesEdit
- Magic: As a witch, Helviti has impressive talent on par with her rival Chariot, but her power greatly bolstered through channeling magic from Helheim.
- Weapon-Wand Fusion Spell: Helviti can magically combine her wand with a weapon to upgrade the said weapon into better version of it. She uses this to activate her Valkyrie Blade's combat capabilities.
- Flying Spell: Helviti possesses impressive skill in broom flight.
- Craftmanship Magic: Helviti is a genius when it comes to craftmanship magic, as she responsible for crafting new weapons for Naglfar and even her own Valkyrie Armor to challenge Thapoli and magic community.
- Heat Blast Spell: Helviti can project powerful magic bolts as basic offensive attack.
- Object Control Magic: Helviti can magically move objects without touching them with her wand as focus.
- Master Engineer: As expected from a witch-blacksmith, Helviti has amazing mechanical abilities, which she often used in creating clockbeasts and other weapons for Naglfar.
- Skilled Combatant: In her youth, Helviti had undergone extensive training in Thapolian Martial Arts, able to hold her own against multiple opponents at once. She can execute punches, kicks, grab, and armed combat.
- Whip Sword Mastery: Helviti is very skillful in using whip sword form of her Valkyrie Blade, as she can deliver slashing whip attack or ensnaring opponent from considerable distance.
- Glaive Mastery: Helviti possesses astoundishing skill in using glaive form of her Valkyrie Blade.
- Aim Dodging: In addition of martial arts, Helviti can swiftly evade attacks and projectiles on ease.
Tools & EquipmentEdit
- Magic Wand: As expected from a witch-blacksmith and Valkyrie, Helviti possesses a wand to channel her magic.
- Flying Broom: Helviti possesses a flying broom she utilized as transportation via. Flight Magic.
- Valkyrie Blade: Traditional weapon of Valkyries which can be activated by magically combine it with a magic wand. Helviti can change her Valkyrie Blade into following weapons:
- Whip Sword: A sword with segmented blade where each segments connected by red magic energy. It normally remained in the shape of regular long sword form until snapped by its user into a whip-like weapon that can restrain an opponent like a chain to hold him or her still, or strike someone like a traditional whip.
- Glaive: A futuristic-looking black and grey glaive resembing atgeir. It has blunt pommel, red meridian glow on the blade and pommel which more apparent when channeled with magic power from Helheim, and bright green glow on the blade's edge. This is Helviti's signature weapon form of her Valkyrie Blade.
- Nevar Armor: As the fallen Valkyrie who don a twisted Valkyrie Armor, Helviti christened herself as Nevar the Dark Valkyrie, capable to don Nevar Armor she crafted with combination of forbidden magic and her own impressive craftmanship magic skills. She performs this by running her palm against her Valkyrie Gauntlet while simultaneously chanting out Venta Herkleda, sending out blood-red magical sparks that spin above her head into a large circle through its friction. The formed circle opens a shadowy portal from which the armor plates Nevar Armor composed of descend and equips on her, completing the transformation.