Rota is an obsidian grey and white Valkyrie Armor that specializes in stealth saber combat. Whoever dons the armor shall take the title of Rota the Specter Valkyrie. The armor formally belonged to a witch from Golden Age of Magic named Ragnhild before its sudden disappearance for 200 years where the armor eventually found and inherited by Molly McIntyre by the events of Little Witch Academia: Witches of Midgard.
Description & CharacteristicsEdit
Rota is a white Valkyrie Armor with charcoal grey platings forged from alchemy-based Solais Metal. As with other Valkyrie Armors, Rota enhanced its wearer's strength, speed, and power to superhuman level. When charged with emotional and spiritual energy of the user, the bright green glow of the armor's circuit patterns on wing ornaments, sides of the helmet, breastplate, shoulder plates, tassets, greaves, and edges of armor's tunic shine intensely. The armor also sports tattered white cape and matching long-sleeved tunic which bottom similarly tattered and reaches the wearer's ankle as well as armored witch hat with tattered edge to give it ghost theme.
For combat, as the armor specializes in scimitar combat, the user has greater advantage when using either scimitar form of her Valkyrie blade or ordinary scimitars as the armor enhances her performance with said weapon.
The ghostly motif of Rota armor is not limited to its design and aesthetics, as it also extends to abilities unique to the armor alone: Rota armor endows the wearer infamous ability to defy gravity (enabling limited flight and levitate without need of supports) like a ghost as well as temporarily become either intangible, invisible, or both at the same time, latter abilities which useful to effectively evade attacks or sneak through multiple enemies without detected at the same time. A skillful user of this armor can also influence any objects or person they touch with these abilities at will. These abilities made possible by Specter Cloak, Rota's magical tattered white cloak.
As with other Valkyrie Armors, Rota can unlock extra boost of power and speed that is released by expanding its Specter Cloak into Phantom Wings, drastically increase the wearer's speed and agility which allow her to swiftly vanquish multiple enemies on ease similar to Geirdriful's Callisto Wings. Phantom Wings also retain its ability to render the wearer invisible and intangible at will, further enhancing its combat capabilities.
Unlike other Valkyrie Armors, Rota Armor is magically tied to its wielder via. genetic inheritance. Because of its unique powers, witch blacksmiths who forged the armor put a blood seal which resulted only those from McIntyre bloodline who can wield it. Unfortunately, due to the last member of the said bloodline and designated heir of the armor, Molly McIntyre, disappeared following Ghost Witch Incident at Luna Nova around 200 years prior to events of Little Witch Academia: Witches of Midgard, the armor hasn't been seen ever since then and it became a rumor. It was widely believed to be lost forever until Molly, the rightful heir of the armor, found it at her late cousin and former Specter Valkyrie Ragnhild's grave. It's also revealed that Ragnhild had also lifted the blood seal so it can be passed to others, having seen the harm it done to both of them.
Weapons & EquipmentEdit
- Rota Gauntlet: This is the vital part of Rota Armor which acts as both its dormant form and summoning trinket. It takes the appearance of metallic white bracelet with thicker edge and a symbol in form of charcoal gray oval with black, eight-pointed star inside. This part magically linked with the rest of the armor that normally stored in pocket dimension when not used. To bring out Rota armor's full potential, the user must chants out Venta Herkleda while simultaneously rubbed the gauntlet abrasively. If performed correctly, the friction will create multiple green sparks which forms an infinity symbol above the user's head, forming twin portals from which the armor descends and wrap themselves around her body with temporary glow, completing the transformation. As the gauntlet being vital part of the armor, its destruction will cause the armor to disintegrate into nothingness.
- Specter Cloak: A magical white cloak deliberately designed with tattered appearance as part of the armor's ghost motif. It endows the user ability to defy gravity (limited flight and levitate on the air like actual ghost), virtually invisible to naked eye, and become intangible, all of which effective for her to be stealthy in combat situation.
- Phantom Wings: The Specter Cloak can be expanded into a mechanical wings similar to Geirdriful's Callisto Wings, enabling true flight and drastically enhances the user's speed and agility.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- In legend, Rota is a Chooser a the Slain, where like Gunnr and Skuld, she oversees judgement of the fallen, making sure that the worthy enter Vahalla and Hel doesn't overflow with souls.
- For the design of Rota Armor, BSoulstone took some reference from Molly's Ghost Witch form from Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time (the design of the symbols on the said form's witch hat) and Omensight game. Initially, the entirety of the armor is black with charcoal gray armor platings, but later changed to white to make the armor's ghostly motif much more convincing.